The GLL regularly offers to attend the AALL Annual Meeting, the Equal Justice Conference, and other conferences and events.
June, 2015: The GLL Executive Board has approved a $1,500 Grant for one of our members to attend the
Business Skills Clinic.
2015 Special Grant Application (PDF)
Application deadline: July 10
Email the completed, signed application and one signed letter of recommendation to the 2014-2015 SCCLL Grants Committee Chair, Regina Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rules for Awarding Grants
Membership in State, Court & County SIS is a prerequisite to receiving the grant.
- Grants should be made on the basis of: 1. Financial need 2. Proven potential ability 3. Promise of future usefulness and permanence in the law library profession
- Grants may be withdrawn for sufficient cause by unanimous action of the Committee.
- Should circumstances prevent use of the grant by the recipient, the award is to be handled at the discretion of the Committee.
- Recipient is required to provide receipts of expenses, sent to the Committee chair, within a week of the conference conclusion.
- First time applicants will take priority over previous recipients. Individuals who have received an SCCLL grant in the current or previous two Association fiscal years will not be eligible. However, an award may be presented to a previous recipient if there are fewer qualified applicants than awards available.
- All members of SCCLL are eligible regardless of number years of membership.