Chair 2013-14: Kathy Carlson
SCCLL Board Liaison - Barbara Fritschel
- Explore and implement creative techniques designed to increase membership and participation among various library types, especially Federal court and government law libraries.
- Target trustees as potential members and as mentors for newer trustees.
- Promote SIS at CONELL in Portland- speaker, revised SIS brochure, and a gadget (mascot?) handout.
- Conduct analysis of AALL membership roles to ascertain who are potential SCCLLers and incentives needed to get them to join the SIS.
- Create and define a "mentorship bureau" which will identify at least one SCCLL mentor coordinator for each state or region of the country.
- Along with the Chair of SIS, send out "Welcome to the SIS" letter to all new members - create new member list each October from AALL records. Also, notify Section Listserv owner of all new members.
- In coordination with Publicity/Public Relations Committee, update and re-design SIS brochure.
- Identify AALL Chapter liaisons and empower them to promote Section membership in local Chapters.
- Award 20-year pins and continue to generate documentation for maintaining membership longevity lists.