We welcome new members!
Contact the American Association of Law Libraries for information about joining the Government Documents Special Interest Section.
The GD-SIS email list is a "Community" hosted by AALL. Upon joining AALL and the GD-SIS section, you can add the community to your profile. Start here.
The GD-SIS awards grants to members to attend the Fall Depository Council meeting and the AALL Annual Meeting. All GD-SIS members who have not previously received the grant are eligible to apply. The grants are applied to registration, travel, and lodging expenses. Access the current grants being offered.
We offer several grants throughout the year:
- Two travel grants of up to $750 each to attend the fall Federal Depository Library Conference in October,
- Two travel grants of up to $1250 each to attend the annual AALL conference, and
- One travel grant of up to $1000 called the Veronica Maclay Grant, awarded to a library school student who wishes to specialize in government documents.
The requirements for members who receive the grants include the following:
How to Apply: As grants are made available, solicitations for applications are published on the GD-SIS online community listserv and on our web site.
- Grant recipient must be a member in good standing of the GD-SIS
- Grant recipient must not have received a previous GD-SIS grant within three years of applying
- Grant recipient will write a newsletter article for JURISDOCS
- Grant recipient will attend the GD-SIS Breakfast/Business Meeting
- Grant recipient will attend at least one GD-SIS-sponsored program
- Grant applicants should explain their need for the grant in their grant application
Annual Meeting Packets & Committee Reports
Other member information