The Index to Foreign Legal Periodicals (IFLP) is the preeminent multilingual index to articles and book reviews appearing in more than 500 legal journals published worldwide. It provides in-depth coverage of public and private international law, comparative and foreign law, and the law of all jurisdictions including the United States, the U.K., Canada, and Australia. IFLP also analyzes the contents of individually published collections of legal essays, Festschriften, Mélanges, and congress reports each year.
IFLP is published by the American Association of Law Libraries at the University of California, Berkeley Law School Library, where it draws upon the resources of the Library's international and foreign law collection, the largest and most comprehensive in the western United States.
Both print and electronic formats of the Index are published by the William S. Hein & Co.. Subscription information can be found on the Subscription page.
IFLP on HeinOnline includes:
- More than 350,000 index records consisting of more than 277,000 articles and 37,000 book reviews across more than 500 periodicals.
- Indexing from 1985 forward, fully searchable by various access points or by keyword.
- Links to the full text of more than 56,000 articles and book reviews in more than 190 periodicals that are available in HeinOnline.
- Unlimited concurrent usage, meaning your entire organization can access it at the same time!
- ISSN & ISBN linking to your local library catalog or WorldCat.
- OpenURL Linking to resources at your library
- Ability to quickly view all articles indexed by a specific author.
- Ability to save/bookmark index records to a MyHein personal research account.
- Access to the digitized version of the entire print Index dating back to 1960.