Updated: June 2008
Submit a Resolution for consideration at the AALL General Business Meeting
III. Annual Business Meeting
- The AALL Annual Business Meeting is held at the Annual Meeting.
- Planning the agenda for the Annual Business Meeting begins at the Spring Executive Board meeting, when decisions are made concerning items that are to be brought to the Annual Meeting for approval by the membership.
- There are very specific timing requirements in the Bylaws for bringing an amendment to the Bylaws to the membership for adoption:
"The Secretary shall take all proposed amendments that were submitted in writing at least 90 days in advance of the Annual Meeting of the Association and shall send notice of the proposed amendments to the members at least 60 days prior to the Annual Meeting at which they will be proposed for discussion." (Article XII., Section 1, second paragraph)
- Notice of the annual meeting is also covered in the Bylaws.
"The Secretary shall send notice of meetings to each member at least 30 days before a meeting. " (Article V., Section 4)
- The Executive Director hires a court reporter and local parliamentarian for the meeting.