I am pleased to announce that the 2014 AALL Nominations Committee presents the following slate of candidates for the AALL Executive Board. Members will vote for one candidate to serve as president-elect and two candidates to serve as Executive Board members. The election will be held November 2-December 2, and successful candidates will begin their terms of office in July 2015.
- Carol A. Watson, director of the law library, Alexander Campbell King Law Library, University of Georgia School of Law, Athens
- Ronald E. Wheeler Jr., director of the law library and associate professor of law, Dorraine Zief Law Library, University of San Francisco School of Law
Executive Board Members
- Scott D. Bailey, director of global research services, Squire Sanders LLP, Washington, D.C.
- Emily R. Florio, library services manager, Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner LLP, Washington, D.C.
- Mary E. Matuszak, director of library services, New York County District Attorney's Office, New York
- Francis X. Norton Jr., head of public services, Law Library of Louisiana, New Orleans
Come "Meet the Candidates" during an informal session at the 2014 Annual Meeting in San Antonio on Monday, July 14, from 9-10 a.m. in the Exhibit Hall at the AALL Member Services Booth.
In the fall, biographies and statements of all Executive Board candidates will be posted on AALLNET.
As provided in the AALL Bylaws, Section VI 2c, a member may also be nominated for any office by submitting to the secretary, not later than 30 days after the date of this notice, a nominating petition signed by two percent of the members and the nominee's written acceptance.
Congratulations to all of our candidates!
Thanks for the excellent work and contributions of the 2014 Nominations Committee: Chair Joyce Manna Janto; Vice Chair Darcy Kirk; and committee members Patricia E. Barbone, Lauren M. Collins, David S. Mao, Lawrence R. Meyer, and Christine Sellers.
Deborah L. Rusin