CoALL Scholarship Application Procedures
CoALL is sponsoring a $500 Scholarship provide funds for CoALL members attending library school.
Applications for scholarships are reviewed by the Grants and Scholarship Committee and the Executive Board.
The following are the guidelines used in awarding these funds.
- Preference will be given but will not be limited to individuals who have been members of
CoALL five years or less.
- Scholarships generally are not awarded to prior recipients.
If you are not a CoALL member, itís easy to join, and a
student membership costs only $5 a year! To join, you
can download the membership form from the CoALL website
CoALL Membership form
Applications for CoALL Scholarships will be evaluated
using the following criteria:
- Proven or potential ability of the applicant
- Promise of future usefulness and permanence in the law library field
- Financial need
- Actual or potential contribution of the applicant to CoALL and/or the profession
To apply for a CoALL scholarship, please mail or email a completed application to Kathryn Michaels Grants & Scholarships Committee chair, Colorado Supreme Court Library, 2 E. 14th Ave., Denver, Colorado 80203
A letter of recommendation is required. The
recommendation should include the writerís assessment of
your potential to contribute to the profession of law
librarianship and to CoALL. The letter may be submitted
with the application or independently. However, an
application will not be considered as complete until
both the application form and reference letter have been
The application deadline is November 15, 2014.